This is a continuation of my previous post on 3 Steps To Get Your Business Listed in Google Local Listings where i showed you how get your Business listed in Google Local Listings.
Since everyone has not started listing their business in local listings there is a need to rank higher in local listings.
I’ll share the Five Proven Steps To Rank Higher in Google Local Listings.
How to Rank Higher in Google Local Listings
1) Add Keywords to your Company Name and Description : If your Business Name happens to have your Keywords in them then definitely use that name in the listing. Don’t make up a new name with the keywords just for the listing. Google gives you the ability to add a description describing what services the company offers. Make sure your content has your keywords along with Location added along with the prime features. This description is used by google in calculating rankings.
2) Add Logo, Photos and Video : Make sure you take advantage of Google’s option to add your Logo to your listing. Also add as many photos and Video’s that show the viewer who you are and what your Business is about. This lets them know more about your business and how you can help them. The more photos you add the better it is. Do make sure the quality of the photo’s and Video’s are decent.
3) Get Tons of Reviews : The more the reviews that you have the better your listings stands out from the rest. Don’t make the mistake of faking reviews, you will get caught and its not worth it. Get as many reviews from previous clients who have used your service in the past. Have your reviews have your Location in them. Reviews play a strong role as to whether the visitor would click on your site URL. Think about it, which Dentist would you rather go to.. one with 5 Good reviews or one with 50 Great reviews ?
4) Add a Company Coupon : A lot of people don’t know you can add a Company Coupon to your local listing. Nothing gets more traffic then a great coupon offer. Create an Urgency to use the Coupon. Make the customers see value in you through your coupons.
5) Create One Way Links for Your Listing : Now that you’ve optimized your local listing, you need to create one way links for it. Just like any other page on your website you need to push it higher in rankings and one way links does the trick. You can get links from indexed articles on top article sites, links from your own website, your social profiles. These links will push your listing higher in rankings.
Implement the above steps properly and you’ll see the results. In case you don’t have the time to do it yourself or are just lazy feel free to contract it out to my team and we’ll take care of it for you. You can contact me through the Contact Page here. These steps have worked for me and my team successfully.
I hope you found this write up on Rankings in Google Local Listings helpful. Do share your thoughts and feedback in the comments below. We do reward regular commentators with do follow links. Don’t forget to sign up for my free newsletter and follow me on twitter ( i will follow back )
Contact us for getting your Business Listed in Top Rankings in Google Places, Yahoo Local Listings and Bing Local. You can reach us at
Sales (at) RamitNarang.com