In this post i’ll show you how you can Reset your Windows Admin Password allowing you access to your Computer. These steps will work on Windows 2000 and XP only.
I’ll cover windows password recovery tools that will make your job easy in case you have forgot your admin password and don’t want to go through the technical steps involved in a later post.
Of course these steps may not work on a Computer that is protected by Encryption Software..
Password Reset for Windows XP Using Windows XP CD
- Insert your Windows XP CD into your drive and start your Computer.
- Make sure your system boots from the CD
- On the Welcome to Windows Screen press Enter
- From the Setup Screen choose the option for Repair
- Let Repair run and copy the files needed. Once done you’ll get prompted that the system needs to reboot, let it
- While rebooting in the Lower Left Hand Corner once you see ” Installing Devices ” Press SHIFT + F10
- A Command Console will open up and at the prompt type in NUSRMGR.CPL and Enter
- You’ll see the User Accounts Console open up
- Choose the Account you need to change the password for
- Continue with the Repair Process where you will be promoted for your Windows Product Key
And You’re All Set ! Please don’t use these steps on a computer that is not yours. I’ll not be held liable in any way possible. The steps have been disclosed to assist users who are trying to access their own computer or are authorized to do so.
Also the above steps will work on all Versions of Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
Password Recovery for Windows Vista and Windows 7
There are 2 Ways to Recover or Reset your Windows Vista or Windows 7 Password
1) Use the Password Reset Disk which you hopefully had created earlier. Somehow i believe you didn’t do that, hence the reason why you’re reading this blog article today.
2) Use Free or Premium Password Recovery Software to Reset the Password. I’ve covered the Top 3 Free and Premium Windows Password Recovery Tools in a later post. You can click on the link to read more on that.
As you can see its not difficult for anyone to access your Computer without even knowing your Windows login. Dont take chances, protect yourself with Laptop Encryption.
I do hope you find this post helpful. If you do know of any other methods to reset or recover Windows admin login passwords do share it with me and everyone by leaving a comment below. I do reward regular commentators with do follow links. Don’t forget to sign up for my free newsletter and follow me on twitter ( i will follow back )